School directors work together to oversee the school district. As a board, their primary responsibilities are:
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the superintendent
- Set the vision, mission and strategic goals for the district
- Review, revise and adopt policies
- Establish and oversee the budget
- Serve as community representatives
- Monitor the district’s progress toward its goals
The Board usually meets for a work session on the first Thursday of the month and for a regular business meeting on the third Wednesday of the month. Meetings begin at 6:30 PM and usually last two hours or less. Directors are encouraged to join committees and attend school events.
Interested candidates must be a registered voter residing within District 3. A detailed map can be viewed at this link or at the District Office. Questions concerning eligibility and boundaries can be directed to the Superintendent’s Office at 509-685-6800, ext. 1002.
Applications for the director position will be accepted until 3:00 PM March 30, 2023 at the Chewelah School District Office, 210 N Park St. or PO Box 47, Chewelah, WA 99109. Letters of application should include a brief resume of qualifications, background and reasons for interest in serving on the board.