At Chewelah Alternative Programs, our mission is to educate all students by providing a safe and productive learning environment where students are respected, empowered to take ownership of their learning, and acquire the skills necessary to lead successful lives.
At Chewelah Alternative Programs, we believe that all students can achieve excellence in a positive, challenging educational environment that stimulates their interests, channels their energies, and develops their skills and abilities.
At Chewelah Alternative Programs, we are committed to:
- Serving as a resource for parents and students to access quality educational curriculum and tools that will facilitate learning.
- Creating programs that support the diverse needs of students and families.
- Providing integrated, hands-on, and project based learning opportunities that explore real-world problems and challenges.
- Faciliating a safe environment to engage learners in dynamic, meaningful, and challenging curricula.
- Equipping students with college and career ready skills enabling them to meet the challenges of the 21st Century.
Chewelah Alternative Program operates under the Washington State Alternative Learning Experience (ALE) requirements. The graduation requirements for a high school diploma are consistent with Chewelah School District Policy 2410. Chewelah Alternative Programs recognizes and allows for different paths to accomplish those educational requirements. We currently offer a variety classes in online, onsite, and remote course types. We work with each student and family to determine the best type of program for the individual. For high school students, we have many options when structuring the course load of a student to help them be successful and achieve a high school diploma. We are also able to offer an Open Doors Reengagement Program for students that need options other than a high school diploma.
Wednesday, January 23, 2019